Tuesday 19 January 2010

No. 11 (jobless +35 days)

Sweet Charity

I fear I have become an unemployed City worker cliché, without even meaning to. I have started interning at a charity.


I know, I know, sharp intake of breath and sceptical comments aside, I’m really enjoying it. Although I do feel like one of those wives who lives off their wealthy husband whilst working a couple of hours a week for charidee.

Only without the wealthy husband.

I admit that flirting with the charity sector does seem to be the calling card of the out of work lawyer, trying to shrug off the taint of working all hours to line the pockets of multi-national corporations. If only for a while. But it’s great to have more structure in my days. What’s even greater is that I now own a security pass to get into a building. An actual office building.

What better sign is there that you have a purpose in society, than owning a security pass?

No comments:

Post a Comment